Major road works in Letchworth GC next week
HERTFORDSHIRE Highways start two major projects in Letchworth GC during the coming week on road improvements. The first starts tomorrow (Sunday) with resurfacing and maintenance work in Icknield Way and Bridge Road and it is expected to last six days.
HERTFORDSHIRE Highways start two major projects in Letchworth GC during the coming week on road improvements.
The first starts tomorrow (Sunday) with resurfacing and maintenance work in Icknield Way and Bridge Road and it is expected to last six days.
The work involves removing and replacing the existing worn out carriageway; replacing any broken or worn ironworks such as gratings and gulley covers; replacing the high-friction surfacing and renewing road markings.
Once the resurfacing has been completed, engineers will return after two weeks to lay the high friction surfacing.
Icknield Way and Bridge Road will remain closed until the work is complete.
Icknield Way between the junctions of Bedford Road and Cowslip Hill including the mini roundabouts will be closed to all traffic except emergency vehicles. There will be no access from Bedford Road and Cowslip Hill onto Icknield Way.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Schools in Stevenage and North Herts share successes
- 2 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 3 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 4 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 5 Man 'assaulted' and hit by chair in Baldock service station
- 6 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 7 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 8 'My mum was eligible for Covid-19 drugs - so why didn't she get them?'
- 9 Four Vauxhall cars stolen in North Herts
- 10 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
Residents should access Bedford Road and Cowslip Hill via Redhoods Way West and East, and access will be maintained to the Spirella Building.
A signed diversion route will be in operation via Icknield Way, Wilbury Hills Road, Bedford Road, Wilbury Road, Norton Way North and vice versa.
The second section will be Bridge Road from the mini roundabout at Icknield Way and Cowslip Hill down to Station Way/Station Place including the mini roundabout. This section will also be closed to all traffic except emergency vehicles. There will also be no access from Nevells Road on to Bridge Road.
The signed diversion route will be via Station Way, Broadwater Avenue, West View, Broadway, Station Place, Station Road, Norton Way North, Icknield Way and vice versa.
Local bus services may be affected by the work. Any changes, details will be advertised on bus stops and information bulletins - or will be available on the website, www.intalink.org.uk.
The second works start on Monday in Radburn Way and work on improving the existing roundabout, new sheltered parking on-street parking bays, improving pedestrian crossings and footways, upgrading existing bus stops, establishing a zebra crossing east of the Gatehouse pub and improving existing signing and road markings.
This operation is expected to last six weeks.