Main stage acts pull out of Knebworth festival
ONE of the main stage bands set for this summer s inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House has pulled out.Fear Factory has cancelled its appearance as support for Linkin Park on the first day at Knebworth on August 1.The American heavy metal gro
ONE of the main stage bands set for this summer's inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House has pulled out.
Fear Factory has cancelled its appearance as support for Linkin Park on the first day at Knebworth on August 1.
The American heavy metal group, who were reuniting for their UK return at Sonisphere, cite recording commitments for their decision to scrap all forthcoming European dates.
No replacement has been announced yet.
A statement from festival organisers said: "Fear Factory has sadly had to pull out of all of its summer gigs, including Sonishphere's UK date at Knebworth.
"In a statement from Burton C Bell and Dino Cazares, they apologise saying that they are postponing the dates to concentrate on finalising and the writing and recording of their new album."
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
Fear Factory is the third main stage act to pull out of Sonisphere.
The Sword is no longer playing on the Metallica day, August 2, while Frank Turner has decided to play the Reading and Leeds festival instead of the Hertfordshire stately home.
There are also now doubts about Saturday sub-headliners Heaven & Hell, the group comprising members of Black Sabbath.
They couldn't play in Spain on Sunday night due to guitarist and metal legend Tony Iommi being unable to perform.
The first European leg of Sonisphere, fronted by Metallica, took place in Holland over the weekend.
The touring festival will arrive at Knebworth with the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Anthrax, Feeder, Alice In Chains, Coheed and Cambria, Bullet for My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold joining headliners Linkin Park and rock gods Metallica.