Main stage acts pull out of Knebworth festival
ONE of the main stage bands set for this summer s inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House has pulled out.Fear Factory has cancelled its appearance as support for Linkin Park on the first day at Knebworth on August 1.The American heavy metal gro
ONE of the main stage bands set for this summer's inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House has pulled out.
Fear Factory has cancelled its appearance as support for Linkin Park on the first day at Knebworth on August 1.
The American heavy metal group, who were reuniting for their UK return at Sonisphere, cite recording commitments for their decision to scrap all forthcoming European dates.
No replacement has been announced yet.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from festival organisers said: "Fear Factory has sadly had to pull out of all of its summer gigs, including Sonishphere's UK date at Knebworth.
"In a statement from Burton C Bell and Dino Cazares, they apologise saying that they are postponing the dates to concentrate on finalising and the writing and recording of their new album."
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Fear Factory is the third main stage act to pull out of Sonisphere.
The Sword is no longer playing on the Metallica day, August 2, while Frank Turner has decided to play the Reading and Leeds festival instead of the Hertfordshire stately home.
There are also now doubts about Saturday sub-headliners Heaven & Hell, the group comprising members of Black Sabbath.
They couldn't play in Spain on Sunday night due to guitarist and metal legend Tony Iommi being unable to perform.
The first European leg of Sonisphere, fronted by Metallica, took place in Holland over the weekend.
The touring festival will arrive at Knebworth with the likes of Nine Inch Nails, Anthrax, Feeder, Alice In Chains, Coheed and Cambria, Bullet for My Valentine and Avenged Sevenfold joining headliners Linkin Park and rock gods Metallica.