SEVEN supermums have raised around £700 for their children s school after completing a mini triathlon. The seven parents took part in the event on Saturday to raise funds for St Thomas More RC School, Letchworth GC, as part of the school s 40th birthday c
SEVEN supermums have raised around £700 for their children's school after completing a mini triathlon.
The seven parents took part in the event on Saturday to raise funds for St Thomas More RC School, Letchworth GC, as part of the school's 40th birthday celebrations.
A 750-metre swim at St Christopher School was quickly followed by a 25-kilometre bike ride, which ended at Canons Health Club car park, and a five-kilometre run from the car park, around the Greenway, and back to the car park.
The mums, Justine Mahoney, Trish Brown, Catherine Morgan, Alison Moulds, Mary Ryan, Elaine McCorriston and Jenny Kilgallon, were all praised by school headteacher Mary Hewitson.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The keen interest in sport is very much fostered by the parents of children attending the school.
"In order to raise funds for the school, a team of seven mothers began the challenge to prepare and train for a sponsored mini triathlon.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
"Their commitment to training, stamina and resilience was admired by many in the school community as all seven mums completed the triathlon in good time and despite the physical and mental effort required, enjoyed the event, while raising much needed funds for the school."
One of the mums, Catherine Morgan, said it was "absolutely a real sense of achievement but definitely a test of mental as well as physical endurance."
Pictured above, left to right, are Justine Mahoney, Trish Brown, Catherine Morgan, Alison Moulds, Mary Ryan, Elaine McCorriston and Jenny Kilgallon.