Stevenage support group for people with macular disease calls for more members
- Credit: Archant
A support group for people with macular disease - the biggest cause of sight loss in the UK - is encouraging more people to attend its monthly meetings in the new year.
The Stevenage Macular Society Support Group holds monthly meetings at Stevenage Central Library.
Annemarie Taylor, for the society, said: "This group is for anybody affected, and we want to encourage people to come along.
"It's good to learn from each other's experiences and get tips. Our group can really help people increase in confidence and independence.
"We have guest speakers on a variety of subjects, including macular conditions, and we can chat over a cup of tea."
You may also want to watch:
For more about the group, call Annemarie Taylor on 07787 248815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The next meeting is from 10.30am to 12.30pm on February 3 - following a break for Christmas.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 9 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 10 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals