Macmillan mobile cancer advice comes to Comet country
- Credit: Archant
A MOBILE drop-in service offering vital information for anyone with questions or worries about cancer will be visiting Comet country.
Macmillan Cancer Support’s mobile information and support service will visit three locations beginning on Tuesday in Leys Square, Letchworth GC, before moving on to Market Place, Hitchin, on Wednesday.
The team will finish the week in Town Square, Stevenage, on Thursday June 20 and Friday June 21.
The service will be open from 10am-4pm in each location.
The Macmillan mobile service cancer advice is free and confidential and no appointment is necessary. And it is there for everyone – those diagnosed with cancer, family, friends or anyone just wanting some information about cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy Neill, Macmillan information and support specialist, said: “No one should face cancer alone and a service such as ours means support is available nearby. In previous years we have been able to provide local people in Stevenage, Letchworth GC and Hitchin with information and support on a variety of issues.
“One lady visited the service following the recent diagnosis of a relative. She was looking for support and wanted to discuss the best way to explain the situation to the rest of the family. We were able to give her books to read to her children to help them understand what was happening. She was really pleased we were there.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
The mobile team’s visit comes a fortnight after the Comet threw its weight behind an appeal to raise money to help build a £2.9 million Lister Macmillan Cancer Centre in partnership with the East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust.
You can donate via the Macmillan Cancer Support website www.macmil lan.org.uk/lister Cheques can be sent to Lister Macmillan Cancer Centre Appeal, c/o Supporter Donations Macmillan Cancer Support, FREEPOST LON1585, 89 Albert Embankment London, SE1 7UQ.
To get involved in fundraising for the Lister Macmillan Cancer Centre call the Fundraising Support Centre on 0300 1000 200 or email email@example.com and they will support you with your activity.