Macmillan Cancer Support prepares to take over North Herts
- Credit: Archant
Macmillan Cancer Support is getting ready to takeover North Herts this weekend with events planned across the area.
Tomorrow, swimming contest the Letchworth Lido Challenge will take place at Letchworth Outdoor Pool, which will feature our very own team of Comet Crawlers.
There will also be a collection in the town organised by Stevenage and District Committee.
Macmillan will also celebrate being voted Sainsbury’s Hitchin charity of the year, by having people collect in the store at different times from today until Monday.
The team has set up a text to donate number – LETC59 to 70070 – for anyone who would like to contribute to the charity’s fundraising efforts this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising manager Laura Bazzoni said: “Hopefully collectively we will raise a good amount and really raise awareness that we are here to help people affected by cancer thanks to our range of support services.”
To donate, click here.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit