Charity to visit Stevenage and Hitchin to answer people’s cancer concerns
- Credit: Archant
Cancer information and support will be available in Hitchin and Stevenage next week.
Macmillan Cancer Support’s mobile service will be in Hitchin’s Market Place on Wednesday and in Stevenage’s Town Square on Thursday, from 9am to 4pm on both days.
There will be cancer information specialists on hand to answer questions and provide support to anyone with worries relating to the disease.
The team will also be providing specialist advice and information about sun safety and skin cancer.
Macmillan information and support specialist Wendy Marchant said: “Skin cancer, if caught early, is treatable and has one of the highest survival rates of all cancers.
You may also want to watch:
“Our advice is to avoid sunbeds, wear a high SPF sunscreen with a four-star rating and cover up in the sun.”
If you cannot visit the unit but have questions about cancer, visit www.macmillan.org.uk or call Macmillan free on 0808 808 00 00.
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Donations pour in for memorial garden in tribute to teacher who died from COVID-19
- 5 Dogwalker dismayed after discovering more than 50 bags of poo on his walk
- 6 Man arrested after crashing into tree and fleeing scene in Hitchin
- 7 'Incredible community spirit' pays for boy's medical chest brace after shock diagnosis
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after Hitchin robbery
- 9 Fundraising Batman cycles across three villages in bid to lose weight
- 10 Coercive control, gaslighting and love bombing - pupils urged to identify toxic relationships during lockdown