Maamria in, Greaves out
Boro boss Graham Westley has shuffled his backroom staff by bringing in Dino Maamria as the club s new head coach after sacking Steve Greaves. Westley held an impromptu management meeting following last weekend s disappointing 1-1 draw with Northwich
Boro boss Graham Westley has shuffled his backroom staff by bringing in Dino Maamria as the club's new head coach after sacking Steve Greaves.
Westley held an impromptu "management meeting" following last weekend's disappointing 1-1 draw with Northwich Victoria and it was decided to part with Greaves, who only joined Boro in the summer.
Westley lined up Maamria as Greaves' replacement with the Boro boss a big admirer of what the 38-year-old can do for morale in the dressing room.
Maamria will be remembered by Boro fans for scoring the goal against Hereford that took the club through to the promotion final during Westley's first spell at Broadhall Way.
You may also want to watch:
Maamria has since gone on to become a Uefa A licence coach and led Northwich Victoria away from the relegation zone last season when they looked doomed to relegation.
However, he was sacked last month after being put on gardening leave by the Vics and Westley has now offered the Tunisian the chance to resurrect his coaching career.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 3 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 8 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals