Lunchtime blaze in home

A blaze broke out in a Hitchin home on Saturday lunchtime. The fire on the ground floor of a two-storey end of terrace house on St Michaels Road was tackled by two Hitchin crews who received an emergency call just after 1pm. The fire was declared out

A blaze broke out in a Hitchin home on Saturday lunchtime.

The fire on the ground floor of a two-storey end of terrace house on St Michaels Road was tackled by two Hitchin crews who received an emergency call just after 1pm.

The fire was declared out within half an hour. No one was involved and the cause is thought to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter