Lucky escape for teenagers after car flips over and ploughs through fence in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
An 18 year-old man has been reported for dangerous driving after the car he was driving flipped over and ploughed through a fence in Magpie Crescent in Stevenage on Monday evening.
Police and fire crews were called to the crash at 8.30pm after the VW Bora rolled through a hedge and driveway causing damage to a fence and tree.
There were two teenaged passengers in the back but remarkably all three escaped without serious injuries.
A police spokesman said: “The car did a full roll over from its wheels back to wheels, travelling about 200-300 feet.
“Amazingly, neither the driver or the two passengers were injured, the driver had a very small cut to his left palm.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of families live in that area and it is lucky no-one was in the way.”
The door and roof of the car were caved in. The driver will appear at Stevenage Magistrates Court.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030