Lucas Akins signs two-year deal at Burton Albion
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage winger leaves the club after two years at the Lamex
Lucas Akins has signed a two-year deal with Burton Albion.
The winger has signed for Stevenage’s League 2 rivals for an undisclosed fee, bringing an end to his two-year spell at the Lamex Stadium.
Burton boss Gary Rowett told the Burton Mail: “It’s a deal we’ve worked hard to try and conclude, and through it all Lucas was very keen to come and join us.
“It’s an excellent deal for the club and I think he’ll be a top signing.”
You may also want to watch:
Akins was signed by former manager Gary Smith in the summer of 2012 from Tranmere Rovers and made 86 appearances for the club, scoring 14 goals.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell