Love of castles brings romance
A WOMAN has written a romantic thriller which draws on her love of castles. Helen Stevens, who works in Clinton Cards in Stevenage town centre, said she has dragged her fiancé Richard around many castles all around the country as research for her book Wi
A WOMAN has written a romantic thriller which draws on her love of castles.
Helen Stevens, who works in Clinton Cards in Stevenage town centre, said she has dragged her fiancé Richard around many castles all around the country as research for her book Within the Castle Walls.
Miss Stevens, 30, said: "Seeing my book for the first time on the shelf in Ottakar's was a very surreal experience.
"I never thought in my wildest dreams my book would ever get this far, but now it has, it's a fantastic feeling.
You may also want to watch:
"It has always been my dream and ambition to be a writer and have plans to follow this book with a sequel.
"The book has taken six years from start to finish including years of research for the authenticity to describe the castle, which is a passion of mine.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
"Many a holiday has been spent trawling the ruins of famous castles, and some not so famous."
The book is about a woman who finds herself renovating a ruin in Devon which once stood as a magnificent castle but strange events begin to unfold which leaves her asking 'Is someone else living within the castle walls?'"
Within the Castle Walls is available from Ottakar's in Stevenage and www.author house.co.uk at £6.99.