Letchworth set for beach fun and fairground rides
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Letchworth is set to be transformed into a sunny seaside town tomorrow, complete with a deck chairs and a fun fair.
The Broadway Gardens attraction will include a beach, splash pool and fairground ride which will be open to the public every day from tomorrow until next Saturday, August 18.
The takeover – which will be open daily from 12 noon until 8pm – takes advantage of the continuing scorching weather, with temperatures expected to reach 25°C by this Sunday.
The beach, organised by Love Letchworth, is free to enter, however rides will cost extra.
Fairground rides will be discounted to £1 each tomorrow, Sunday and next Thursday, August 16.
You may also want to watch:
Hitchin town centre held a similar event last week, which saw families flocking to enjoy the beach weather while celebrating the oldest family jewellers in Britain entering into its eighth generation.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals