Lotto winners were nearly neighbours
WINNERS of two massive lottery jackpots in Stevenage last year lived just one street away from each other. The St Nicholas area of the town is growing a reputation of being a lucky place to live and if good luck comes in threes, people living there should
WINNERS of two massive lottery jackpots in Stevenage last year lived just one street away from each other.
The St Nicholas area of the town is growing a reputation of being a lucky place to live and if good luck comes in threes, people living there should be feeling very hopeful.
Christmas Eve's National Lottery winners, Darren and Gabrielle Nash live on Ripon Road, leading off from Canterbury Way.
Ten months earlier, in February 2005, single mother Sharon Creighton was living on Durham Road, also just off Canterbury Way, when she bagged a massive £8.8 million prize.
You may also want to watch:
Only one street and a few rows of houses separate these two multi-million pound winners.
Sharon's plans were to buy a £100,000 Mercedes SL600 sports car, travel the world and donate to Cancer Research UK as her grandfather died of cancer in 1987.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Sharon now lives in Stevenage Old Town.