Lots on offer at school auction
AN amazing range of lots is up for grabs at an auction of promises to raise much needed funds for a school minibus. The auction takes place at Knights Templar School on Saturday, the first day of the Baldock Festival, and support for the event has come fr
AN amazing range of lots is up for grabs at an auction of promises to raise much needed funds for a school minibus.
The auction takes place at Knights Templar School on Saturday, the first day of the Baldock Festival, and support for the event has come from a famous former pupil.
Actress Leanne Wilson starred in Casualty as nurse Claire Guildford and recently appeared in Stars in Fast Cars.
She said: "I had a great time at Knights Templar School, and I'm really happy to be supporting the auction of promises to raise money for a new school minibus.
You may also want to watch:
"I remember going on a drama trip in one of the buses. I know I got a lot out of my school trips and I hope future generations of Knights Templar students will too.
"I'm delighted that my old school has been given specialist school status, especially as it's for the performing arts. Knights Templar certainly helped me to realise my ambition to be an actress."
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
Among the items in the auction is a promise from an estate agent to sell a house for just £250 plus VAT.
A kitchen make-over worth more than £700 is another lot.
There are plenty of fun days out for the family including one to the British Touring Car Championship.
If you're planning some posh nosh at home, bid for the services of a butler and maid for an evening; or tutored fine-wine tasting for up to eight people with wine provided.
For the children, there are a number of lots ranging from a set of Alex Rider books by Anthony Horowitz to five hours of driving lessons.
And if you're feeling lucky, there's a year's subscription to the National Lottery's Lotto and another for Thunderball, each offering one chance a week of winning.
There's a host of personal pampering promises. For those who like to go travelling, there's a one-bedroom flat for a romantic weekend in Paris, or a weekend break in a Norfolk holiday cottage.
A full list of promises can be found on the Knights Templar School website www.ktemplar.herts.sch.uk
Saturday's auction is in the school hall, starting at 7.30pm with viewing from 5 to 7.15pm. Entry costs £1.