Lorry sheds foam insulation in A1(M) outside lane between Stevenage and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
A lorry shed a load of foam insulation onto the A1(M) southbound between Stevenage and Welwyn this afternoon.
A lane was reported closed between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn after the lorry lost its load at about 1.15pm.
A police spokeswoman said: “We were called at 1.17pm after the lorry shed its load in the outside lane, after which it moved onto the hard shoulder.
“At first it was thought to be breeze blocks, but it turned out to be foam insulation.”
Officers at the scene assisted with the clear-up.
Highways told the Comet that the problem was contained within the hard shoulder, and cleared up by 1.20pm.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
- 10 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage