Look who’s not coming to dinner
THIS goose and its mate will not be gracing a Christmas table this year – or ever, come to that. Westly, seen here with student Rachael Tomlin, 16, is one of a pair – the other being Eastly – at Shuttleworth College, who have been spared from being a yule
THIS goose and its mate will not be gracing a Christmas table this year - or ever, come to that.
Westly, seen here with student Rachael Tomlin, 16, is one of a pair - the other being Eastly - at Shuttleworth College, who have been spared from being a yuletide feast.
Instead, they will be fussed over by the students who will be in on Christmas Day to make sure they are fed and watered to a background of carols.
"They are too well-loved to end up on the Christmas dinner table," said Shuttleworth manager and lecturer Carl Groombridge.
You may also want to watch:
"The birds, like all the other animals here, will be made a fuss of on Christmas Day when students will play and sing carols as they feed and water them.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus