Stevenage primary school’s colour run fundraiser is a smash hit
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Young and old alike got covered in colourful powder paint at a Stevenage school fundraiser.
The colour run at Longmeadow Primary School was such a success that teacher Sam Britton said it could well become an annual event.
“I have never seen the children so excited,” she said. “The buzz around school was amazing.”
The highlight, she said, was seeing the youngsters hurl powder paint over assistant head Giles Hetherington while he was using his megaphone.
There was a fine turnout of parents and other family members to support their kids at Friday’s colour run, the proceeds of which will go to help fund improvements to the school’s early-years outside area.
School head Emily Howley said: “It was lovely to see the community come together for such as well-attended, fun event. The children have not stopped talking about it.”
The final amount raised is still being totted up.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 3 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 4 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 7 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 8 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 9 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 10 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday