Stevenage school makes a splash with powder paint colour run
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage primary school was doused in powder paint last week for a fundraising event.
The colour run at Longmeadow Primary School returned on Friday following the huge success of last year's fundraiser.
There was not a clean T-shirt in sight as more than 350 staff, pupils, parents and carers hurled powder paint over each other in a bid to raise money for the school's IT facilities.
Headteacher Emily Howley said: "We were so lucky with the weather and it was lovely to see so many parents, carers and grandparents joining in the fun for a worthy cause.
"This is the second year that the school has held a colour run and both times it has proved to be a great success - and great fun."
You may also want to watch:
More than £750 has been raised, with donations still rolling in.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 4 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket