Long to sign 'in next couple of days'
Midfielder Stacy Long has confirmed he expects to complete a move to Stevenage Boro when he returns from holiday at the end of the week. Several clubs have been chasing the 24-year-old since his release from Ebbsfleet at the end of the season but Boro ap
Midfielder Stacy Long has confirmed he expects to complete a move to Stevenage Boro when he returns from holiday at the end of the week.
Several clubs have been chasing the 24-year-old since his release from Ebbsfleet at the end of the season but Boro appear to have won the race for his signature.
"I'm on holiday at the moment but I understand it is all going to be ironed out with Stevenage in the next couple of days," he told The News Shopper.
Long will become Boro's fifth signing of the summer following in the footsteps of Charlie Griffin, Yemi Odubade, Joel Byrom and Chris Beardsley.
You may also want to watch:
But the former Charlton trainee admitted he would have stayed at Stonebridge Road but for the financial turmoil that engulfs the club at the moment.
"The club is obviously in a lot of trouble financially and it is unfortunate the team Liam (Daish) built last year cannot stay together.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
"It is a real shame because there was a lot of potential there with young players who wanted to stay.
"I honestly believe everyone there last year did want to stay, including me.