London Marathon: Five run away together
FIVE close friends are preparing to run the Flora London Marathon. They are all different shapes, sizes and abilities but they all have the same aim – to raise thousands of pounds for charity. Stevenage lads Danny Hukin, 29, of Ripon Road, Scott Cretton,
FIVE close friends are preparing to run the Flora London Marathon. They are all different shapes, sizes and abilities but they all have the same aim - to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
Stevenage lads Danny Hukin, 29, of Ripon Road, Scott Cretton, 29, of Blackdown Road, Gary Cretton, 29, of Sheepcroft Hill, Neil Ellis, 31, of Lonsdale Road and Marc Brett, 31, of York Road are busy training and collecting sponsors for the marathon in April.
The men are running for a charity call Phab Kids - a national charity dedicated to promoting the integration of children and adults with and without disabilities.
They hope to raise £2,000.
Danny said: "We are a team of five close friends all running in the London Marathon. Although we are all different shapes, sizes and abilities we all have the same aim - to raise as much money as we possibly can, and to actually finish the marathon.
"Any donation, however large or small will be very much appreciated."
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 6 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 7 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 8 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 9 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 10 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
* Visit www.justgiving.com/theboys if you would like to sponsor Danny, Gary, Neil, Marc and Scott.