London Marathon: Five run away together
FIVE close friends are preparing to run the Flora London Marathon. They are all different shapes, sizes and abilities but they all have the same aim – to raise thousands of pounds for charity. Stevenage lads Danny Hukin, 29, of Ripon Road, Scott Cretton,
FIVE close friends are preparing to run the Flora London Marathon. They are all different shapes, sizes and abilities but they all have the same aim - to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
Stevenage lads Danny Hukin, 29, of Ripon Road, Scott Cretton, 29, of Blackdown Road, Gary Cretton, 29, of Sheepcroft Hill, Neil Ellis, 31, of Lonsdale Road and Marc Brett, 31, of York Road are busy training and collecting sponsors for the marathon in April.
The men are running for a charity call Phab Kids - a national charity dedicated to promoting the integration of children and adults with and without disabilities.
They hope to raise £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
Danny said: "We are a team of five close friends all running in the London Marathon. Although we are all different shapes, sizes and abilities we all have the same aim - to raise as much money as we possibly can, and to actually finish the marathon.
"Any donation, however large or small will be very much appreciated."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
* Visit www.justgiving.com/theboys if you would like to sponsor Danny, Gary, Neil, Marc and Scott.