London Marathon-bound mum to raise charity funds with muddy obstacle fun day for all the family
- Credit: Archant
A Dunton mum who is set to run the London Marathon is going to raise charity funds this weekend with a muddy obstacle fun day for all the family in Baldock.
Lorraine Bennetts’ day in aid of Hertfordshire Community Foundation is tomorrow at the Obstacle Arena off Norton Road, which is suitable for children aged four and up.
Lorraine, 37, who works as a civil engineer for Herts County Council, said: “It’s always been a dream to run the London Marathon, which will be my biggest personal challenge to date.
“I’m honoured to be running for Hertfordshire Community Foundation, which supports so many small charities and voluntary groups in Herts.
“With the numerous government funding cuts, the foundation’s work is vital in filling in some of the gaps to help those in need and make a meaningful difference to the communities in Herts.
“A muddy obstacle session is something different the whole family can enjoy – it’s guaranteed muddy good fun, and I hope to raise money for this great cause along the way.”
Lorraine has already had a practice run around the course with her sons Mason, nine, Harry, seven, and six-year-old Isaac.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 4 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 5 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 6 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 7 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 8 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 9 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
The day will start with tuition before some games and laps of the course. No experience is required but children must be supervised.
The day runs from 11am to 2pm. Tickets are £5 for a child, £10 for an adult or £20 for a family (up to three kids) – see fit4ocr.com.