London Marathon 2014: Two Stevenage colleagues run two marathons in memory of friends lost to cancer
- Credit: Archant
Two work colleagues are running two marathons this year in memory of two friends they lost to cancer last summer.
Katie Fisher, 37, and Michelle Selby, 38, who both live in Stevenage and work at the town centre branch of Barclays Bank, are running the Virgin London Marathon and next month’s Edinburgh Marathon to raise money for the Willow Foundation.
The charity arranges trips out for terminally ill people aged between 16-40.
The Willow Foundation helped friends Stacey Todd, who died from breast cancer in July aged 36, and Nicola King, who died from a brain tumour in August, through the last months of their lives.
Katie, who worked with them both as holiday reps, said: “The Willow Foundation does a really worthwhile job supporting people and helping them make the most out of the time they have got left.”
The pair are aiming to raise £3,600 for the charity, with any contribution being matched by their employer, Barclays.
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/michelle-selby or www.virginmoneygiving.com/katiefisher2
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 10 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre