London Marathon 2014: North Hertfordshire College staff member runs for Stevenage Community Trust
- Credit: Archant
A member of staff at North Hertfordshire College will be among the thousands of people taking on the Virgin Money London Marathon tomorrow (Sunday).
Assistant principal Hazel Lodge will be tackling the 26.2 mile course to raise funds for the Stevenage Community Trust and Hertfordshire Community Foundation, the college’s chosen charities of the year.
Both causes help existing charities and community groups through grants.
Heather, whose last charity run in November last year along the French Riviera saw her raise around £3,500 for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research, has set herself a £2,000 fundraising target.
She said: “NHC is delighted to support the two causes as its chosen charities of the year and running the marathon is just one of the ways in which we wish to raise money for them.”
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Hazel visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/hazellodge
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?