London Marathon 2014: Hitchin IT project manager raises funds for Lister eldery care unit
- Credit: Archant
An IT project manager will be taking to the streets of London to raise money for the East and North Herts NHS Trust.
Emma Edey will be one of thousands of people taking part in the Virgin London Marathon on Sunday to raise money for the elderly care unit at Lister Hospital.
The 30-year-old from Hitchin, who has worked for the hospital for the past 10 years, decided to give something back to the hospital after staff on the Strathmore Wing looked after and cared for her granddad in 1996.
Miss Edey said: “After taking up running over three years ago when I could only manage seven seconds on the treadmill, I have trained harder and have become something of a running addict whether it’s off road or at the gym, wind, rain or shine I can’t go a day without having a run.
“In April last year I was running on the treadmill on a Sunday morning at the gym watching the London Marathon thinking that next year I want to be running in that race.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the East and North Herts NHS Trust and support Emma visit www.justgiving.com/emmaedeyVLM2014
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright