London Marathon 2014: Friend to run for Stevenage couple who lost their baby
- Credit: Archant
A 42-year-old woman is running her first Virgin Money London Marathon on Sunday after two close friends lost their baby.
Nicci March, who lives in the Great Ashby area of Stevenage, will take on the 26.2-mile course in aid of Sands – the Still Birth & Neonatal Death Charity.
Friends Faye Ioannou and Mark Goodridge went for a routine hospital check three weeks prior to the October 2012 due date of their daughter Alyssa, when they discovered she had no heartbeat.
Nicci has decided to take on the challenge in Alyssa’s memory.
She said: “I am no athlete, in fact I am starting to wish I had chose a skydive. However every painful step during this 26.2 mile challenge will be nothing compared to the pain Faye and Mark have had to go through, so will I moan along the way – possibly – but I will look to the sky and remember why I am doing this.”
To sponsor Nicci visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NicciAlyssa
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash