Location, Location, Location – it’s our town! Letchworth, Baldock and Royston to feature in Stevenage couple’s house-hunt on tonight’s show
- Credit: Archant
If you put on Channel 4 tonight, you may see some familiar streets on Location, Location, Location – which features a Stevenage couple’s house-hunt in Letchworth, Baldock and Royston.
Accompanied by presenter Phil Spencer, the first-time buyers – who have already been searching for about a year – look at a range of properties fitting a given budget and style before making their decision.
As well as looking at the properties, they also visited a number of coffee shops, restaurants and places of interest – and Michael Delaney, director of Letchworth estate agents Lane & Bennetts, said they were delighted to have been involved.
“The show got in touch in January to ask if we might have a suitable property to offer, and fortunately we had just such a property coming to the market,” he said.
“It’s a pretty early garden city cottage with character and a long garden. The Channel 4 presenters met with us and our vendor and were delighted with what they saw.
“We were of course delighted to take part, and to help put Letchworth Garden City firmly on the map as a great place to live, work, and enjoy.”
It’s not the first time Lane & Bennetts has featured on TV – the firm has previously been on Homes Under the Hammer, Escape to the Country and Changing Rooms – but Michael said it was still exciting.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 6 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 9 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 10 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
He said: “It’s not a new experience because we’ve been highlighted on other shows before – but it was still a thrill because some of the staff hadn’t yet experienced it.”
The show’s on Channel 4 from 8pm tonight. If you miss it on TV, the episode will be available afterwards at channel4.com/programmes/location-location-location.