Local Liberal Democrat PPC Backs Community Pubs, Local Brewers and Consumer Rights!
Nigel Quinton, Local Liberal Democrat Prospective Parliamentary Candidate (PPC) for the Hitchin & Harpenden constituency has today committed to: - Promote the interests of Britain s pub goers - Champion well-run community pubs - Support the rebalancing
Nigel Quinton, Local Liberal Democrat Prospective Parliamentary Candidate (PPC) for the Hitchin & Harpenden constituency has today committed to:
- Promote the interests of Britain's pub goers
- Champion well-run community pubs
- Support the rebalancing alcohol taxation to support beer and pubs
You may also want to watch:
- Press for reform of beer tie to deliver a fair deal for consumers
- Support the role of well-run pubs as solutions to alcohol misuse
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
These commitments are based on a campaign being run by CAMRA, The Campaign for Real Ale which is asking all Prospective Parliamentary Candidates whether they are willing to speak up for Beer Drinkers and Pub Goers. CAMRA's new Beer Drinkers and Pub Goers Charter sets out a series of options for supporting well-run community pubs, local brewers and consumer rights.
Mike Benner, CAMRA's Chief Executive welcomed Nigel Quinton's support for the Charter, saying:
"We are delighted that Nigel Quinton has promised to work to promote the interests of beer drinkers and pub goers. Well-run pubs make a huge contribution to community life, each of which injects �80,000 into their local economy every year. Amid growing concern over the loss of more than 5 pubs a day, it is now more important than ever to support well-run community pubs, to promote local brewers and to protect the interests of consumers."
Speaking after signing up to CAMRA's Beer Drinkers and Pub Goers Charter, Nigel Quinton said:
"I am proud to be speaking up for community pubs, local brewers and consumers. Well-run pubs are the bedrock of community life - they are part of the solution to the problem of alcohol misuse and not part of the problem. They deserve our support.