Local Liberal Democrat PPC Backs Community Pubs, Local Brewers and Consumer Rights!
Nigel Quinton, Local Liberal Democrat Prospective Parliamentary Candidate (PPC) for the Hitchin & Harpenden constituency has today committed to: - Promote the interests of Britain s pub goers - Champion well-run community pubs - Support the rebalancing
Nigel Quinton, Local Liberal Democrat Prospective Parliamentary Candidate (PPC) for the Hitchin & Harpenden constituency has today committed to:
- Promote the interests of Britain's pub goers
- Champion well-run community pubs
- Support the rebalancing alcohol taxation to support beer and pubs
- Press for reform of beer tie to deliver a fair deal for consumers
- Support the role of well-run pubs as solutions to alcohol misuse
- 1 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hitchin Boys head to National Athletics Final
- 10 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
These commitments are based on a campaign being run by CAMRA, The Campaign for Real Ale which is asking all Prospective Parliamentary Candidates whether they are willing to speak up for Beer Drinkers and Pub Goers. CAMRA's new Beer Drinkers and Pub Goers Charter sets out a series of options for supporting well-run community pubs, local brewers and consumer rights.
Mike Benner, CAMRA's Chief Executive welcomed Nigel Quinton's support for the Charter, saying:
"We are delighted that Nigel Quinton has promised to work to promote the interests of beer drinkers and pub goers. Well-run pubs make a huge contribution to community life, each of which injects �80,000 into their local economy every year. Amid growing concern over the loss of more than 5 pubs a day, it is now more important than ever to support well-run community pubs, to promote local brewers and to protect the interests of consumers."
Speaking after signing up to CAMRA's Beer Drinkers and Pub Goers Charter, Nigel Quinton said:
"I am proud to be speaking up for community pubs, local brewers and consumers. Well-run pubs are the bedrock of community life - they are part of the solution to the problem of alcohol misuse and not part of the problem. They deserve our support.