Axe throwing and beer pong planned for Stevenage
Matthew Smith, local democracy reporter
- Credit: Google Maps
A new ‘Battle Bar’ - featuring axe throwing and beer pong - could open in Stevenage, according to new plans.
Developers have put in a planning application to convert the former Bar and Beyond unit in Stevenage Leisure Park into an exciting new venue.
Bar and Beyond closed in Summer 2020, leaving the unit between the David Lloyd Fitness Club and Mr Mulligan’s Lost World Golf vacant.
Plans submitted to Stevenage Borough Council on November 5 reveal that Flip Out Ltd are applying to change the use of the site.
The plans say if permission is granted Boom Battle Bar will be the tenants, offering a brand new experience for the town.
Boom Battle Bar have recently announced that they will be opening a location in Watford next month, to join their venues in Cardiff, Essex’s Lakeside Shopping Centre and Liverpool.
On the chain’s website in addition to five open locations, they boast 23 new franchises across the UK as ‘coming soon’, without including any potential Stevenage site.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 9 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 10 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
The games included at the open venues include Bavarian axe throwing, curling, state-of-the-art augmented reality darts and beer pong.
The application says they propose opening hours of 10.30am to 2am between Monday and Saturday, with 11.30pm closing on Sundays and public holidays.
In their application, Flip Out Ltd said: “The proposed Boom: Battle Bar is a family and adult indoor games venue with an ancillary licensed bar and restaurant.
“Activities such as crazy golf, pool, boules, curling, marbles, augmented reality darts, shuffleboard, axe-throwing and multi-game activities challenges are subject to charges and mandatory booking in advance, with a small proportion of walk-in availability.
“Dwell times are typically 2-3 hours comprising multiple games/activities interspersed with the consumption of food and drink. The venue is marketed primarily to families, with an adults-only presence after 7pm.”
No external changes to the unit are proposed as part of the plans.
The deadline for the council to determine the application is December 31, and residents are able to comment on the plans (reference: 21/01201/FP) until November 29.