North Herts August Bank Holiday 2022 bin collection day changes
- Credit: Danny Loo / Archant
Bin collections days will change for North Herts residents over the August Bank Holiday.
Bins will be collected one day later than usual in Hitchin, Letchworth, Baldock and Royston next week due to August Bank Holiday Monday.
There are no scheduled collections on Monday, August 29, with those who normally have their bins collected on Mondays having them picked up the following day – on Tuesday, August 30.
Residents who have their bins collected on Fridays need to put them out on Saturday, September 3 next week in the revised schedule.
Waste collections will return to normal on Monday, September 5, 2022.
The council asks people to ensure their bins are on the boundary of their property by 7am on the day of your collection.
During hot weather, collections may start earlier at 6am.
- 1 Man charged following North Herts armed robbery
- 2 Large amount of 'mindless damage' dealt to Hitchin estate
- 3 Nissan Qashqai damaged during Letchworth 'vandalism'
- 4 Pupil wins competition to name community space at former bus station
- 5 Teenager's mountain bike stolen outside Hitchin McDonalds
- 6 Stevenage doctor 'filled with pride' after taking home national award
- 7 When to put the clocks back as British Summer Time ends this month
- 8 When will the £324 cost of living payment be made?
- 9 How does one move from full employment to retirement without becoming thoroughly bored?
- 10 Patrols to be increased following alleged arson in Letchworth park
When to put the bins out
Normal collection day – Revised collection day
Monday, August 29 – Tuesday, August 30
Tuesday, August 30 – Wednesday, August 31
Wednesday, August 31 – Thursday, September 1
Thursday, September 1 – Friday, September 2
Friday, September 2 – Saturday, September 3.