Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- Credit: Archant
Counting of ballots has started for the North Herts District Council election 2021.
Following Thursday's polling, counting the ballots is now under way.
Seats belonging to party leaders for Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat - Martin Stears-Hancomb, David Levett and Paul Clark respectively - are all up for grabs.
NHDC council leader Mr Stears-Hanscomb previously held a seat in the Hitchin Oughton ward, but this year is running for election in the Letchworth South East ward - the seat held by Conservative's Mr Levett since 2006.
Following the final declarations, the count for Royston Town Council's by-election in the Meridian ward will get under way.
At the end of the counting process, we'll provide a round-up with results for all 17 of North Herts' wards, right here on the Comet's website
For live results as they come in, follow @thecomet24 on Twitter.
- 1 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 2 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening