Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- Credit: Archant
Counting of ballots has started for the North Herts District Council election 2021.
Following Thursday's polling, counting the ballots is now under way.
Seats belonging to party leaders for Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat - Martin Stears-Hancomb, David Levett and Paul Clark respectively - are all up for grabs.
NHDC council leader Mr Stears-Hanscomb previously held a seat in the Hitchin Oughton ward, but this year is running for election in the Letchworth South East ward - the seat held by Conservative's Mr Levett since 2006.
Following the final declarations, the count for Royston Town Council's by-election in the Meridian ward will get under way.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the counting process, we'll provide a round-up with results for all 17 of North Herts' wards, right here on the Comet's website
For live results as they come in, follow @thecomet24 on Twitter.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 8 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 9 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema