Hitchin bank to close at end of trading day
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin town centre bank will close its doors for the final time today.
TSB, which sits at 3 Brand Street, joins 163 other branches across the TSB group which are closing in 2021, as part of a nationwide major branch closure programme.
One of the reasons cited as contributing to the bank's closure is the evolving way that customers bank, with the vast majority of everyday transactions now being done digitally.
The banking group has reassured Hitchin customers that the closure of the branch will not affect their account details.
The nearest TSB to the closing Hitchin branch is in Stevenage's Market Place which is a 15 minute drive and is accessible by bus and rail.
You may also want to watch:
Alternative banking provision is also available through post offices in Hitchin, including Hitchin Post Office at Brookers on Bucklersbury, Highbury Post Office and Redhill Road Post Office.
The Comet has approached TSB for comment.
For a list of all closing TSB branches, visit tsb.co.uk/our-branches.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 7 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled