Live music, barbecue and more at Party on Potton’s community picnic in the park
- Credit: Archant
There will be live music, barbecue food and more at a community picnic in Potton later this month.
Party on Potton’s picnic in the park – replacing the Big Weekend, which is held every other August – will be at the Henry Smith playing fields on the east side of town on Sunday, July 16.
Entry is free, with funds going towards the Big Weekend 2018.
Committee member Carolyn Luff said: “POP are constantly raising mony for their Big Weekend – which happens every other year for four days over the August bank holiday.
“As there’s no Big Weekend this year we thought we’d have a picnic in the park instead, with live music, fun and games, and the infamous POP barbecue and bar.
“So why not bring a picnic and join us for what we hope will be a great afternoon?”
Party on Potton is run by 13 volunteers, and has been going since the turn of the century.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Carolyn explained: “The goal is to have free entertainment every day of the event, with ticketed evening entertainment – and it has grown bigger and better over the years, with last year’s being the best yet.”
To find out more see partyonpotton.org.uk.