Alpacas enjoy church service and blessing in Little Wymondley
- Credit: Archant
St Mary’s Church in Little Wymondley welcomed some new members to its service on Sunday – including two alpacas and a goat called Angelica.
The church’s harvest festival and pet blessing saw Rev Gini walked her alpacas across the village to the church – much to the amusement of some motorists.
Church member Joanne Peace said: “Hymns were sung, Fanando the alpaca joined in humming along.
“The dogs barked and greeted each other in such a friendly way, no raised voices until a late comer – a dalmatian – entered the church and a Newfoundland and his friends the two naughty pugs made it clear you should not be late.
“We then went to the front and each and every one of our pets were blessed by Rev Gini, holding it together well with a little misbehaving from the pets.
You may also want to watch:
“It was such a lovely service for the community – everyone was smiling and chatting. A lovely Sunday morning.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed