Lister Surgicentre to be intergrated fully with hospital following Trust takeover
- Credit: Josh Massey
THE East and North Herts NHS Trust has today (Saturday) announced that it will provide services at Lister Surgicentre.
Following an announcement a few weeks ago, East and North Hertfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group has confirmed that services which have been provided by Clinicenta Ltd, will transfer to East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust from today.
From this point onwards the unit will be known as the Treatment Centre and become integrated fully with the Lister Hospital.
This follows an agreement reached by the Department of Health, East and North Hertfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS England and Clinicenta.
There is no break in the services provided and patients who are currently receiving or expecting treatment at the Surgicentre should continue to attend their appointments in the usual way and they will now be treated by East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust. The Lister Surgicentre buildings and equipment have been retained by the local NHS for continued use by patients.
You may also want to watch:
A press release issued today said: “This transfer of services does not affect patients’ right to choose where they receive their NHS funded care, at the point when the GP is making a referral.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style