Lister nurses set to take part in charity cycle challenge for Magic of Play appeal
- Credit: Archant
A TEAM of children’s nurses have signed up for a cycle challenge to raise thousands of pounds for a new playroom at the Lister Hospital.
The nurses will take part in the London to Brighton Cycle Challenge on September 8, aiming to raise £5,000.
The Magic of Play appeal, launched in March, is well underway, with lots of events planned by groups, businesses and schools.
The new playroom will include a dedicated area for children with special needs and autoimmune deficiencies such as cancer, a room for teenagers, and a sensory area.
The charity is calling on the community to get involved and help fundraise and support the appeal, in an effort to raise the £250,000 needed to build the playroom next summer.
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Team Bean’s cycle ride, visit www.justgiving.com/Stacey-Slattery1
To donate to the Magic of Play appeal or to get involved, visit www.magicofplay.org email email@example.com or telephone Lister’s charity line on 01438 285541.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go