Lister Hospital team helps host ‘light a candle to remember brief but precious lives’ service in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
The North Herts branch of stillbirth and neonatal death charity Sands is teaming up with chaplains at Stevenage’s Lister Hospital to host an annual service of remembrance on Sunday, September 27.
All are welcome at the memorial event to remember babies who have died before, during or shortly after birth.
It will be held at the Icknield Centre in Icknield Way, Letchworth, – the home of Letchworth Garden City Church – from 3pm.
Those who attend will be able to to light a candle for their baby and memorial books from both the Lister and QEII hospitals will be on display. Refreshments will be offered after the service.
A Sands spokesman said: “The annual service gives bereaved parents a dedicated time to honour and remember our precious babies.
“It is particularly special because we are surrounded by other parents from the area who are in the same situation, which provides a real atmosphere of support and solidarity.”
Anyone wishing to attend is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing baby names so that they can be included in the service.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening