Lister Hospital’s emergency department in Stevenage undergoes £500,000 refurb
- Credit: Archant
The emergency department at Lister Hospital in Stevenage has had a £500,000 refurbishment, with the aim of improving patient experience.
The East and North Herts NHS Trust, which runs Lister, says it has used the Department of Health and Social Care’s funding to make better use of the space to improve patient flow.
The redevelopment includes a new reception area, triage and GP rooms, and new medical equipment.
Anna Swift, head of nursing for acute and emergency medicine, said: “It’s important we provide the best experience possible for our patients and one part of that means making sure our facilities are the best they can possibly be.
“The waiting area now provides more rooms for clinicians and patients to discuss their condition privately.
You may also want to watch:
“The layout not only provides a better environment for patients, but has also helped us improve how they are treated and cared for.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine