Lister Hospital physiotherapist wins prestigious flower show award for her first ever built garden
- Credit: Archant
A green fingered physiotherapist at Lister Hospital has won a covered award – just a year after graduating.
Rachel Pocock won the Silver-Gilt medal at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show with a company she and a fellow graduate set up.
It is the first garden they have ever had built.
The 48-year-old established VaRa Garden Design with 40-year-old Vanessa Hoch, a marketing manager at Eden Academy, after the pair studied together at Capel Manor College in Enfield.
Rachel said: “It’s been fantastic, the whole thing has just been a brilliant experience and very rewarding. Everybody who has helped has been great.”
You may also want to watch:
The pair have worked hard designing and creating the garden around family commitments and work.
The simple but effective designs have proved to be a winning formula for garden fans, Rachel said, as people can visualise how they would look in their own back yards.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
She added: “It’s really nice to give people inspiration.”
You can find out more by visiting www.varagardendesign.co.uk.