Lister Hospital nurse raises thousands for Stevenage cancer unit
- Credit: Archant
A NURSE who works in a chemotherapy unit has raised thousands of pounds for the cause by holding a charity bike ride.
Kerry Duggan, who lives in Graveley, was joined by more than 100 cyclists on a 35-mile route through the surrounding villages.
Following the event on August 10, the 25-year-old has now presented Lister Hospital in Stevenage with a cheque for more than £8,350.
The money from the annual fundraiser, which is now in its ninth year, will go towards equipment for current and future cancer patients at the chemotherapy unit’s Forster Suite.
Kerry said: “It has been fantastic and I am extremely grateful to the George and Dragon pub in Graveley for holding the event and also Walton Homes and ND Electrical for sponsoring the event. Edd’s Bikes in Stevenage did a fantastic job of repairing and recovering bikes, which really helped the day run smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to say a huge thank you to all the riders, marshals, collectors and everyone who sponsored, made donations and came along to support this worthwhile event.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage