Lister Hospital baby group host Letchworth fundraiser
A BUGGYPUSH and toddlethon is being held to support babies who need intensive care.
The fundraiser will take place at Norton Common in Letchworth GC on September 15 to raise money for the Lister Hospital neonatal unit.
Organised by the Lister Neonatal Unit Families Group, the one-mile walk starts at 11am with events including a bring your own picnic, tombola and cake stalls afterwards.
The group was set up in 2009 by Lisa Cogan and Camilla Hamilton after their sons both spent time in the intensive unit after being born at Lister Hospital.
“We wanted to do something to help support families going through experiences similar to our own, and also give something back to the neonatal unit through fundriasing,” said Camilla Hamilton.
You may also want to watch:
“Our goal is to help create a community of people who care about the neonatal unit and the families who use it, and try to make the frightening experience of needing our local neonatal unit as good as it can be.”
Fellow member Ruth Cheesman is one of a number of parents who have since joined the group after her son Finn was cared for in the unit in September last year.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
To get involved, fill in the registration form on www.listerneonatalunitfamiliesgroup.org
For more information about the group email Ruth Cheesman on email@example.com