Lister Hospital baby group host Letchworth fundraiser
A BUGGYPUSH and toddlethon is being held to support babies who need intensive care.
The fundraiser will take place at Norton Common in Letchworth GC on September 15 to raise money for the Lister Hospital neonatal unit.
Organised by the Lister Neonatal Unit Families Group, the one-mile walk starts at 11am with events including a bring your own picnic, tombola and cake stalls afterwards.
The group was set up in 2009 by Lisa Cogan and Camilla Hamilton after their sons both spent time in the intensive unit after being born at Lister Hospital.
“We wanted to do something to help support families going through experiences similar to our own, and also give something back to the neonatal unit through fundriasing,” said Camilla Hamilton.
“Our goal is to help create a community of people who care about the neonatal unit and the families who use it, and try to make the frightening experience of needing our local neonatal unit as good as it can be.”
Fellow member Ruth Cheesman is one of a number of parents who have since joined the group after her son Finn was cared for in the unit in September last year.
- 1 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 2 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 3 Luke Turley: 'I was told to be a hitter not a tripper'
- 4 August 2022 weekend closure planned for A602 near Watton-at-Stone
- 5 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 6 Van 'tactically stopped' on A1(M) after alleged attempted vehicle theft
- 7 Deserved win for Stevenage over Stockport says Steve Evans but it was definitely in doubt
- 8 Music festival Old Town Live set to return with stages in High Street and venues across Stevenage Old Town
- 9 Thameslink suffers 'staff shortage' with weekend disruption planned
- 10 Player ratings: Who stood out as Stevenage beat Stockport County?
To get involved, fill in the registration form on www.listerneonatalunitfamiliesgroup.org
For more information about the group email Ruth Cheesman on firstname.lastname@example.org