Lions close in on Moro as Jackett confirms interest
Millwall boss Kenny Jackett believes Steve Morison is ready for the step up to the Football League after edging closer to his signature. Morison, who scored in Boro s 2-0 FA Trophy win on Saturday, has agreed terms at the Den and will undergo a medical o
Millwall boss Kenny Jackett believes Steve Morison is ready for the step up to the Football League after edging closer to his signature.
Morison, who scored in Boro's 2-0 FA Trophy win on Saturday, has agreed terms at the Den and will undergo a medical once both clubs have settled upon the finer points of the deal.
And Jackett believes the 25-year-old will prove to be a real asset to his side whatever division they are in next season.
"We are pursuing it definitely but no deal has been agreed yet with the club yet," he told The News Shopper. "It is something our chief executive is pursuing at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
"I've watched him all season and I just feel he will do very well for Millwall. He is ready to step up from non-league and come into the league.
"I feel he has the ability and hunger to prove himself at this level.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 7 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 8 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 9 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs