Lightening performance of Grease sees Letchworth Young Arcadians bag awards
- Credit: Archant
A lightening performance of Grease by a crop of budding drama stars has seen the Letchworth Young Arcadians come away with the best youth production award from the National and Operatic Dramatic Association.
The troupe – formed from the youth arm of the Letchworth Arcadians – also saw one of its leading lights recognised as Laura Gregory won the best young performer award for her sparkling turn at playing Rizzo.
The production of the 1970s musical romp – which was staged at St Christopher’s School’s theatre in February of last year – featured a large cast of singing and dancing youngsters who thrilled audiences for four nights in a row.
Director David Walker: “I am thrilled that we have won this award.
“Everyone involved in the production worked extremely hard and I am very proud that this has been acknowledged.
You may also want to watch:
“The members of Young Arcadians are very enthusiastic and they loved being a part of this iconic show.
“We are also delighted that one of our members, Laura, won the award for her portrayal of Rizzo, her talent shone through and the production team look forward to her future performances.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
The Letchworth Arcadians are now turning their attention to their next opportunity to tread the boards.
Rehearsals are in full swing and tickets are on sale for the group’s production of the Rodgers and Hammerstein play Oklahoma!
The show will run at St Christopher School’s theatre once more in the first four days of June, with evening performances at 7.30pm and a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Tickets – priced at £15 or £13 concessions – can be bought by ringing the box office on 07511 519387.
To see what else the group have been up to visit www.letchworth-arcadians.co.uk.