Licence for music festival approved
THE Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer has had its licence approved. Festival organisers submitted the application to North Herts District Council (NHDC) for the August 1-2 rock festival and for future years of the festival. It included pl
THE Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer has had its licence approved.
Festival organisers submitted the application to North Herts District Council (NHDC) for the August 1-2 rock festival and for future years of the festival.
It included plans for traffic management, noise control and crime prevention.
No residents objected to the licence application during a 28-day period so NHDC granted the licence.
You may also want to watch:
Martha Lytton Cobbold said: "We are so pleased. The promoters have worked closely with us and the local authorities to create an enjoyable, safe and well-run festival.
"It is a brilliant event for the region, offers an exciting and world-recognisable line-up for the event calendar, and will provide a much-needed economic boost to the region.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
"We always offer local supplier lists and employment agencies to event organisers - Sonisphere will offer fantastic opportunities."
The two-day Sonisphere camping extravaganza will be headlined by nu-metal favourites Linkin Park and rock giants Metallica, who will play a full two-hour set to close the festival.
Others on the Knebworth bill include American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails, Welsh bands Bullet For My Valentine and Feeder, Irish legends Thin Lizzy, grunge gods Alice In Chains and American rock group Taking Back Sunday.