Licence for music festival approved
THE Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer has had its licence approved. Festival organisers submitted the application to North Herts District Council (NHDC) for the August 1-2 rock festival and for future years of the festival. It included pl
THE Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer has had its licence approved.
Festival organisers submitted the application to North Herts District Council (NHDC) for the August 1-2 rock festival and for future years of the festival.
It included plans for traffic management, noise control and crime prevention.
No residents objected to the licence application during a 28-day period so NHDC granted the licence.
Martha Lytton Cobbold said: "We are so pleased. The promoters have worked closely with us and the local authorities to create an enjoyable, safe and well-run festival.
"It is a brilliant event for the region, offers an exciting and world-recognisable line-up for the event calendar, and will provide a much-needed economic boost to the region.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
"We always offer local supplier lists and employment agencies to event organisers - Sonisphere will offer fantastic opportunities."
The two-day Sonisphere camping extravaganza will be headlined by nu-metal favourites Linkin Park and rock giants Metallica, who will play a full two-hour set to close the festival.
Others on the Knebworth bill include American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails, Welsh bands Bullet For My Valentine and Feeder, Irish legends Thin Lizzy, grunge gods Alice In Chains and American rock group Taking Back Sunday.