Licence for music festival approved
THE Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer has had its licence approved. Festival organisers submitted the application to North Herts District Council (NHDC) for the August 1-2 rock festival and for future years of the festival. It included pl
THE Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House this summer has had its licence approved.
Festival organisers submitted the application to North Herts District Council (NHDC) for the August 1-2 rock festival and for future years of the festival.
It included plans for traffic management, noise control and crime prevention.
No residents objected to the licence application during a 28-day period so NHDC granted the licence.
Martha Lytton Cobbold said: "We are so pleased. The promoters have worked closely with us and the local authorities to create an enjoyable, safe and well-run festival.
"It is a brilliant event for the region, offers an exciting and world-recognisable line-up for the event calendar, and will provide a much-needed economic boost to the region.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 9 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
- 10 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
"We always offer local supplier lists and employment agencies to event organisers - Sonisphere will offer fantastic opportunities."
The two-day Sonisphere camping extravaganza will be headlined by nu-metal favourites Linkin Park and rock giants Metallica, who will play a full two-hour set to close the festival.
Others on the Knebworth bill include American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails, Welsh bands Bullet For My Valentine and Feeder, Irish legends Thin Lizzy, grunge gods Alice In Chains and American rock group Taking Back Sunday.