Liam Brady scores from the spot as Republic of Ireland U18s lose to Czech Republic
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage FC had two players in Ireland squad, the other being Luke Slater
Two Stevenage players featured for Republic of Ireland U18s in their defeat to Czech Republic on Monday.
When the two sides had met on Saturday, it was Ireland who ran out 4-0 victors.
However, in the teams’ second match in three days it was their opponents who clinched a 3-1 victory at Home Farm FC in Dublin.
Stevenage’s Liam Brady, who is the brother of Norwich City star Robbie, started the match and it was he who got Ireland’s goal when he fired home a penalty in the 33rd minute to cancel out the Czechs’ opener.
You may also want to watch:
Ireland then conceded again 10 minutes after the break when Dominik Breda turned in a close-range effort, and the Czechs then added a third 10 minutes later thanks to Inter Milan striker Dominik Smekal.
Boro’s Luke Slater was also involved, coming off the bench on 50 minutes for Leo Donnellan.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell