Leyton Orient fan’s Stevenage FC ‘cheesy chips’ goes viral on Twitter
- Credit: Archant
AN AWAY supporter visiting Stevenage Football Club on Saturday has been left cheesed off by a portion of chips.
A picture described as ‘cheesy chips’ was posted on a Leyton Orient fans messaging forum yesterday (Monday) following a League One match between the two sides at Stevenage’s The Lamex Stadium in Broadhall Way.
The image was reposted on social networking website Twitter, claiming that the half-time snack cost £4, and has since been retweeted thousands of times.
Stevenage FC responded to the post via Twitter and said: “Many thanks to everyone for the cheesy chip tweets tonight. They’ve been entertaining but we camembert them any longer.
“Therefore, contrary to speculation, we can confirm that cheesy chips are not available in the away tea bar at The Lamex. Cheesy chips (not decorated with cheese from that pic) are only available in the East Terrace tea-bar and are priced at £2.50, not £4.
You may also want to watch:
“Want some? Next home game is 31/8 v Bradford. U16s free with full paying adult. You might say as cheap as chips.”
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site