Letchworth youngster to appear in EastEnders
A YOUNG boy is set to hit the big time in his first TV acting role by appearing in one of Britain’s best-loved soaps next week.
Shay Spencer, aged five, of Eldefield, Letchworth GC will make his TV debut on Monday when he appears in the BBC soap EastEnders.
The Hillshott pupil will play Billy Jackson’s (Devon Anderson) younger brother Kai in the TV programme and will be seen with his screen dad, Alan Jackson (Howard Antony), at the wake following Billy’s funeral.
Shay, who has already had a taste of the limelight by featuring in a McDonalds promotional video, filmed his scenes during the summer holidays in August, where he had the chance to meet the EastEnders cast and crew.
Jo Dufficy, Shay’s mother, said: “It was all a bit of luck as a friend of mine is a singer and she has been doing work for an agency.
You may also want to watch:
“She found out they were looking to cast a boy of Shay’s age who fitted his description. We sent them a photo and they liked it and that was that!”
Shay’s father Trevor added: “This was a wonderful experience for Shay and everyone thought he did a great job, especially as this was his first acting role.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“He had to go in for three days - he was a little bit nervous at first but the cast of EastEnders were really good and made him feel welcome.
“At the end of filming he received a big round of applause from the cast and crew.
“We are really excited about seeing him on TV.”