Letchworth writer named on Metro’s trans power list 2017/18 for top activists and influencers
- Credit: Archant
A transgender activist and journalist from Letchworth has been recognised in the Metro’s trans power list 2017/18: top activists and influencers.
Jane Fae was recognised in the newspaper’s round-up for her determination as a feminist writer and activist after being faced with many tribulations as a trans woman.
She told the Comet: “It’s nice to be thought of, but I am just doing my best and if that sometimes means that people notice then that’s great.”
Back in October, Jane played a key part in fighting accusations published in the national media, using social media hashtag #MythsAboutTrans.
The hastag arose in response to claims that trans people wanted to replace the term ‘expectant mothers’ with ‘pregnant people’.
Jane, recognised in 2015 as one of the most influential LGBT people in Britain, last year summed up any perceived divide as being “artificial, as all divides are”.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown