Letchworth woman ‘disgusted’ by cat shooting
A WOMAN was left “shocked and disgusted” after her pet cat was shot by an air rifle.
Sarah Phillips heard shots outside her home in Letchworth GC last Monday night and found her young cat Lola with an open wound and a pellet lodged inside her.
The British shorthair was injured in Chagny Close at around 7.30pm and was later taken to Letchworth Veterinary Centre where the pellet was removed.
The centre in Norton Way North confirmed the wound was caused by a prohibited air weapon.
Ms Phillips said: “Lola has been left with an inch long open wound and the pellet was lodged inside her. She was very lucky not to be more seriously injured. I believe the shots came from the end of the close and I have also heard shots being fired since then.
You may also want to watch:
“There are many cats and small dogs in my usually peaceful close and I am shocked and disgusted this has happened. Lola is a sweet natured cat and would not harm anyone.”
Ms Phillips has since reported the incident to RSPCA and Hertfordshire Constabulary, who said investigations are ongoing at this time.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
A police spokesman added: “We are still appealing for witnesses and information so if anyone saw anything or can help the investigation we are asking them to call our new non-emergency ‘101’, quoting crime reference number G2/11/1604.”