Letchworth woman ‘disgusted’ by cat shooting
A WOMAN was left “shocked and disgusted” after her pet cat was shot by an air rifle.
Sarah Phillips heard shots outside her home in Letchworth GC last Monday night and found her young cat Lola with an open wound and a pellet lodged inside her.
The British shorthair was injured in Chagny Close at around 7.30pm and was later taken to Letchworth Veterinary Centre where the pellet was removed.
The centre in Norton Way North confirmed the wound was caused by a prohibited air weapon.
Ms Phillips said: “Lola has been left with an inch long open wound and the pellet was lodged inside her. She was very lucky not to be more seriously injured. I believe the shots came from the end of the close and I have also heard shots being fired since then.
“There are many cats and small dogs in my usually peaceful close and I am shocked and disgusted this has happened. Lola is a sweet natured cat and would not harm anyone.”
Ms Phillips has since reported the incident to RSPCA and Hertfordshire Constabulary, who said investigations are ongoing at this time.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 4 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 9 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 10 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
A police spokesman added: “We are still appealing for witnesses and information so if anyone saw anything or can help the investigation we are asking them to call our new non-emergency ‘101’, quoting crime reference number G2/11/1604.”