Letchworth sudden death: Woman dies in ‘unexplained but non-suspicious’ circumstances
- Credit: Archant
A woman collapsed and died suddenly in a Letchworth flat this morning after going into cardiac arrest.
Paramedics rushed to Boscombe Court, off Pixmore Avenue, at 5.55am after reports that the woman – described as aged in her 50s – had collapsed and was not breathing.
Two ambulance crews and an ambulance officer were despatched to treat the woman, who was in cardiac arrest.
Sadly, despite their best efforts, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police attended the scene after being called at 7.24am.
You may also want to watch:
A force spokeswoman told the Comet this afternoon that the woman’s next of kin had been informed, adding: “The death is being treated as unexplained but non-suspicious and a report is being prepared for the coroner.”
An ambulance service spokesman added: “Our thoughts go out to her family and friends.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go